Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 1

I can't do leek soup as recommended in the book, but I do have a pot of celery soup from last week, begging to be eaten. I made it from whole celery stalks (tops and all) and chopped onion sautéed in butter and olive oil. To the vegetables, I added sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, as well as a couple of shakes of curry powder. Once all the veggies were softened in the pot, I added organic vegetable stock and allowed it to come to a boil. After it simmered for awhile, I pulsed batches in my blender and added a touch of half and half for some extra creaminess. The soup kind of reminds me of a watery version of saag paneer (minus the paneer) which probably means it's not as low cal and healthy as it should be. Nonetheless, it's ready made, full of vegetables, and delicious. I think that qualifies it for the starter meal of my foray into Frenchification.

No comments:

Post a Comment